When will the new rescaled labels be provided by manufacturers/suppliers and when must they be used in stores and online shops?
New light sources placed on the market after 1. September 2021
From 1.5.2021 when the product is placed on the market
- Suppliers must register their product in EPREL on the basis of the new light sources regulation and must provide the printed rescaled label on the packaging.
- Suppliers must provide the related electronic product information sheet to dealers. The dealers can also request the product information sheet in a printed form
- Dealers must show the new products with rescaled label on the packaging in stores and online shops
Light sources already placed on the market before 1. September 2021
As of 1.5.2021
- Suppliers must re-register their product in EPREL on the basis of the new light sources regulation including the rescaled label and related product information sheet.
18 months transition period from 1.9.2021 to 28.2.2023
- Products already placed on market before 1.9.2021 may still be sold with the old label.
- Suppliers, on request by the retailers/dealers, must provide stickers with the rescaled label and related product information sheet for products in their (retailers’) stock.
As of 1.3.2023
- Old label shown on the packaging or attached to a product must be covered by a sticker of same size with the rescaled label.
- New product information sheet must be provided.